We offer qualified and experienced crew as per STCW regulations for Container Vessels, Multi Purpose Vessels and Dry Bulk Carriers. With our partners in Germany, Ukraine, Poland and the Philippines, we can offer reliable crew management services according to the requirements of our clients, from our pool of repetitive seafarers, who have good records of service contracts with the company.
It is company policy to recruit only certified crew, who hold the necessary experience and who have passed a thorough medical examination ascertaining their fitness for their position onboard. We take true care for the crew’s welfare, and as a result of this, the retention rate of our pool of qualified seafarers is to the appreciation of our clients.
AML operates a Quality Management System through which it has obtained its ISO 9001:2008 certification through UKAS. It is also certified by Lloyd’s Register as a Seafarer Recruitment and Placement Service provider, in accordance with MLC 2006. This emphasizes the company’s commitment to safety and quality in its services whist safeguarding the rights to all seafarers on board.
Crew Management Package
AML offers Crew Management solutions, which are tailor-made to owners/managers requirements and designed to relieve the workload connected to the manning of vessels, crew administration and legal procedures. On a reasonable fixed cost structure, our Crew Management package is inclusive of:
- Verifying of qualification, documentation and certificates
- Application for flag state certificates and seaman’s books
- Pre-medical check-ups prior each employment Implementation and follow up of drug and alcohol policies
- Selection, planning and placement of crew on board
- Preparation and issuance of crew employment contracts
- Travel arrangements including airfares, ground transport, visas, immigration, hotel and agency attendance fees
- Training and briefing before joining
- Crew medical and repatriation in case of sickness/injury
- Handling of illness and accident claims with P&I insurance Insurance of personal effects of crew Supply of working clothes and uniforms
- Social care for seafarers and their families
- Crew supervision including performance evaluations and efficiency supervision
- Preparation of crew payroll and payment of crew wages and related fees
- Communication with owners and vessels
Training of Crew
Through its contacts with training schools, AML offers training to crew in order to enhance both the performance of the crew and the vessel as well as organize other specific training as per owners requirements.